During our first Mega MobilePack volunteer fundraising event to support expansion in the Phoenix market in 2013, teamworks helped coordinate the event logistics, as well as managed all pre-event publicity to attract thousands of volunteers and at-event publicity to increase awareness of the organization’s work:
- During the first 24-hour event at the Phoenix Convention Center, 2,500 volunteers came to pack meals during two-hour sessions.
- Media garnered included 3 print stories, 5 online stories, 2 radio interviews, 178 donated :60 radio spots and 10 TV segments.
- We continue to publicize this annual (and growing) event, with the 2018 event hosting 10,000 volunteers to pack 2 million meals.
In the spring of 2016, teamworks outreached to media markets of cities whose sports teams take part in baseball spring training in Phoenix:
- Pitch suggested that fans traveling to Phoenix to watch their favorite team also spend time volunteering at FMSC during their visit.
- This creative pitch resulted in three TV hits in Kansas City, and a phenomenal piece done by a Milwaukee TV station, who came to the FMSC packing site to film a story, and ended up with a Wisconsin native (wearing a Badgers t-shirt!) to interview.
FMSC MarketPlace is an important fundraiser for the organization, and several times a year we pitch the newest items to the media to highlight:
- This past Mother’s Day, teamworks arranged for KTVK-TV to do a live shot at MarketPlace, resulting in viewers coming to the store within hours of its airing and sales that week double normal levels.
- The Marketplace also has been featured in Phoenix Home and Garden and on several TV morning and midday shows.