For four years, teamworks was the agency of record for Tempe Community Action Agency (TCAA), overseeing the community action program for the City of Tempe, The Tempe Interfaith Homeless Emergency Lodging Program, the Escalante Community Garden, senior/aging programs and other project serving vulnerable residents. teamworks assisted TCAA across the breadth of this nonprofit’s communications activities.
Creating a monthly newsletter was our first job with TCAA and one that continued throughout our years with them. teamworks was responsible for identifying stories throughout the organization, developing content and designing the newsletter via ConstantContact. We also worked to promote the newsletter to increase the subscriber base.
teamworks collaborated with the TCAA team and a local graphic artist to develop an updated logo for the organization. This effort included new signage, stationery and business cards, and collateral materials. This new look also carried over into the new website.
In our second year with TCAA, we created content for and supervised the organization’s website makeover, working with a local web developer to bring the site up-to-date. In addition to ensuring that current programs, visuals and organizational information were featured on the site, we also worked with the developer to improve the ease-of-use for donors and clients.
teamworks served as the first point of contact with the media on behalf of TCAA, proactively pitching stories and establishing key staff as experts in the field of hunger and homelessness. We secured many media placements over the years including a multi-page, in-depth story about TCAA in the Arizona Republic, live shots with FOX 10 for TCAA’s holiday toy drive, and a CBS5 segment on hunger and the TCAA food pantry.
In 2016, teamworks developed a comprehensive plan to help TCAA celebrate its 50th anniversary of helping the Tempe community. Implementation included:
- An aggressive media relations campaign to announce the anniversary, reinforce the agency’s mission and programs, and publicize events. Placements were achieved in the Arizona Republic, Arizona Business Gazette, Ahwatukee Foothill News, East Valley Tribune, and KPHX FM.
- A City of Tempe proclamation.
- A 50th Anniversary Celebration postcard mailer to donors and volunteers.
- The creation of traveling historical exhibit that showcased the organization’s activities over the years. The exhibit was displayed at Tempe Empty Bowls events, the Tempe History Museum, Tempe Library and other public spaces.
- Coordinated an online partnership with Changing Hands bookstore highlighting the anniversary year and encouraging donations on the website landing page throughout the better part of the year.
Coordinated the theme, visuals and traditional and social media communications for TCAA’s annual First Crush event to make it an even bigger and better fundraising success. Obtained a new, unique event location donated by a new corporate donor, which doubled the event’s fundraising the first year at that site.
In the last six months, teamworks communication management has developed a 50th anniversary marketing plan for our organization, managed a website transformation, and developed a sustaining membership fundraising program. The results of all are exemplary. Even better is the immediate responsiveness – and the complete confidence the work will be done on time, within the budget, and with a level of ownership that is rare in the contractual work world. All of us at TCAA are thrilled having teamworks as our partner!