At the conclusion of each year, we like to take a quick look back at our Top 10 favorite stories/media hits we placed. For anyone who has been following us in 2019, the grand opening of the first White Castle in Arizona dominated Phoenix news and chatter — and not surprisingly makes more than one appearance on this year’s Top 10!
1. White Castle Grand Opening TV Coverage — With TV coverage of this event airing round-the-clock leading up to, during and following the official October 23 Grand Opening Event, there were a lot of great media stories. Here are a few of our faves:
2. White Castle Grand Opening Arizona Republic/azcentral.com — Our print media friends were not to be outdone by their TV colleagues. Lauren Saria, the Arizona Republic food editor, covered the opening with a series of articles featuring menu tips, grand opening coverage, fan stories and more.
3. White Castle Groundbreaking … Let the excitement, and the coverage, begin!
4. East Valley Veterans Parade
Watch TV coverage here!
5. White Castle CH. 3 “Takeover” with Chef Jon-Paul
Watch some of it here!
6. 9-ll Day Meal-Packing Events in St. Louis and Phoenix —
Thousands of volunteers came out in each city to commemorate 9-11 Day through acts of service, packing meals to feed the hungry in their respective regions. This was the first time 9-11 Day.org hosted a volunteer event in St. Louis it was the second time in Phoenix.
The media support of this important effort was gratifying.
7. United Food Bank Merges with Waste Not — Two nonprofit powerhouses joined forces to better address regional hunger.
8. United Food Bank Offer Free Help Yourself Holiday Food Distribution — In anticipation of shortened staffing and hours for United Food Bank during the holidays, its Help Yourself food co-op program held a special holiday distribution on December 20 — waiving the normal $20 shopping fee. More than 1,600 area residents in need came out to the event to stock their shelves for the holidays, thanks in part to help from ABC 15 who helped get the word out to the community and KSAZ who came out to the event for a live shot.
9. Trade Wars Continue to Bring Bounty of Food – and Transportation Costs – for Local Food Banks
10. Tracy Dempsey Originals Celebrates National Chocolate Cake Day