So, you’ve decided that yes, you have something to say that’s worth sharing on your blog. How do you encourage other folks to actually read it?
- Select a two-column layout using a white background and black text. Other options might seem appealing, but they are more difficult to read.
- Enlarge your headlines to 16-18 point, with body text at a minimum of 12 point.
- Any blog longer than six paragraphs better be really well written and use images.
- Use bold and double-spacing for easy scanning of content.
- Consistently use keywords in your blog posts that catch the attention of readers and of search engines.
- Give your images blog headline names to maximize SEO.
- Diversify: Use your blog to not only talk about your mission and program, but also to summarize and relate to breaking news stories, create a call-to-action for your readers, share powerful stats, etc.
- Use graphics, infographics and bulleted lists to grab attention.
Based on information developed by www.nptechforgood.com